The Onroak Automotive design department has finalised the concept phase of the new LM P2’s monocoque, and is getting ready to send its project to the official body in the next few days thus respecting the deadlines imposed on the four constructors:
• 1st January 2016: validation of the safety structures/monocoque
• 1st April 2016: validation of the bodywork and the mechanical components
• 1st June 2016: validation of the crash test
• 1st September 2016: presentation of the draft homologation sheet
• From 1-15 December 2016: inspection and final validation of the car
The aerodynamic studies and CFD calculations carried out in collaboration with EXA are also at the heart of the activity of the design department, which plans the first wind tunnel tests to be run in January.
The second date on the schedule, 1st April, is now in the sights of the engineers and designers, and the studies of the bodywork and the mechanical elements are well advanced.