Corvette Racing has announced its full driver line-up for what will be its 19th consecutive Le Mans 24 Hours appearance this June.
Five of the six drivers competed at La Sarthe with the team last year, the change being Mike Rockenfeller replacing Jordan Taylor in the #63 C7.R GTE for full-season IMSA drivers Jan Magnussen and Antonio Garcia. It will mark the former overall winner’s return to the French twice-round-the-clock race for the first time since 2012, which was also his last appearance in a factory Audi LMP1 at the event.
Unfortunately, this news ends Taylor’s streak of Le Mans appearances with the GM brand at six, his run with the team included three podiums and a class win. A drive with another team is not on the cards either for 2017 IMSA DPi champion, who confirmed on twitter that he won’t be making the trip this year.
To clarify, I will not be returning to Le Mans this year. I have competed in the event for the past six years with Corvette Racing, with three podiums, including the victory in 2015 alongside Olly and Tommy. I’ll miss seeing the Nerdmans and the rest of … https://t.co/XXUqqPJRrd pic.twitter.com/sKqrei1IYU
— Jordan Taylor (@jordan10taylor) April 18, 2018
Meanwhile, the #64 crew is unchanged from 2017, the full-season pair of Tommy Milner and Oliver Gavin joined again by Marcel Fassler.
This line-up gives the team continuity, after all six competed together at the Rolex 24 and Sebring 12 Hours this year.
“Corvette Racing is honored to compete for the 19th consecutive year at the 24 Hours of Le Mans,” said Mark Kent, Chevrolet director of motorsports competition said.
“A consistent lineup of drivers between our IMSA campaign and Le Mans gives us the best chance for our ninth victory. All six have multiple Le Mans victories. That along with the experience of the Corvette Racing crew and engineering team are what we believe to be the optimum combination of talent to win again at Le Mans.”