Porsche has revealed its new 911 GT2 RS Clubsport, which is designed and built to SRO’s new GT2 regulations, at the Los Angeles Auto Show.
The GT2 RS Club sport is a 700 hp racing version of the road-legal 911 GT2 RS, which is limited to 200 units and can be run at clubsport events as well as selected motorsport meets.
“For the upcoming years, our customers will not only race the GT2 RS Clubsport on track days but also at international motor racing events. We are currently holding very productive talks with the race organiser SRO,” says Dr Frank-Steffen Walliser, Vice President Motorsport and GT Cars.
The car shares the same 3.8 litre flat-six twin-turbo engine as the road car, and features technology from the new 935 that was revealed earlier this year.
It will be priced at €405,000 plus VAT, with deliveries starting in May 2019.
Porsche is the first manufacturer to reveal a car for SRO’s new GT2 formula.
DSC understands that there are two other manufacturers close to announcing GT2 cars too, that may include Lamborghini or McLaren.
Technical description Porsche 911 GT2 RS Clubsport (Type 991, Gen. 2)
• Single-seater near-standard non-road-homologated race car
• Basis: Porsche 911 GT2 RS (991.2)
• Weight: ca. 1,390 kg
• Length: 4,743 mm
• Width: 1,978 mm
• Total height: 1,359 mm
• Wheelbase: 2,457 mm
• Water-cooled 6-cylinder aluminium twin-turbo rear-mounted boxer engine and rigid suspension; 3,800 cc; stroke 77.5 mm; bore 102 mm; ca. 515 kW (700 hp)
• 4-valve technology with camshaft adjustment and valve-lift switchoverVario-Cam Plus
• Electronic engine management (Continental SDI 9)
• DMSB-approved 100-cell metal catalytic converter
• Rear silencer with twin tailpipes mounted centrally
• 7-speed PDK gearbox with rigid suspension and short throw
• Dual mass flywheel
• Internal pressurised oil lubrication with active oil cooling
• Limited slip differential optimised for racing
• Weight-optimised bodyshell in aluminium-steel composite design
• CFRP motorsport rear wing
• Enlarged air inlets with integrated LED headlights in 4-point design
• CFRP roof with removable escape hatch complying with FIA Art. 275a
• Lightweight CFRP front hood with quick release catches
• Removable CFRP rear hood with quick release catches
• 115-litre FT3 safety fuel cell, refuelling through the front hood
• Welded-in safety cage
• Recaro racing bucket seat with longitudinal seat adjustment and padding system in accordance with FIA Standard 8862/2009
• 6-point safety harness
• Air jack system (three jacks)
• Fire extinguishing system with electronic release unit
• McPherson suspension strut; adjustable height, camber and track, optimised stiffness with high-performance spherical bearings, centre-locking wheel nuts; 3-way racing dampers, reinforced tie-rod; electro-mechanical power steering with variable steering ratio; blade anti-roll bar
• McPherson multi-link rear axle; adjustable height, camber and track, optimised stiffness with high-performance spherical bearings, centre-locking wheel nuts; 3-way racing dampers, reinforced tie-rod, blade anti-roll bar
• Two separate brake circuits for front and rear axles; adjustable via brake balance bar system
• Six-piston aluminium monobloc racing brake callipers with anti-knock-back piston springs; steel brake discs, internally ventilated with 390 mm diameter, racing brake pads, optimised brake cooling ducts
• Four-piston aluminium monobloc racing brake callipers with anti-knock-back piston springs; steel brake discs, internally ventilated with 380 mm diameter, racing brake pads, optimised brake cooling ducts
• Instrument cluster consisting of COSWORTH ICD with integrated data logger, sport Chrono watch and boost gauge in a vintage finish
• Removable Porsche steering wheel with shift paddles
• PSM (Porsche Stability Management) with ABS, Traction Control and Electronic Stability Control (able to be completely switched off)
• Centre console with map switch to adjust the ABS, ESC, TC and switch between preset tyre circumferences
• Porsche Track Precision Race App
• Integrated lap trigger
• Lightweight lithium-ion (Li-Fe-Po-) battery, 60 Ah, leakproof, mounted in passenger footwell
• Emergency cut-off switch in cockpit and outside left of the windscreen
• Tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS)
• Air conditioning
• One-piece light-alloy forged wheels; 10.5J x 18 offset 28 with centre-locking nut; Michelin transport tyres 27/65-R18
• One-piece light-alloy forged wheels; 12.5J x 18 offset 46 with centre-locking nut; Michelin transport tyres 31/71-R18
White water-based paint
405,000 Euro plus country-specific VAT. Delivery from May 2019
*911 GT2 RS: combined fuel consumption 11.8 l/100 km; CO2 emissions 269 g/km