The entry list for the final event of the 2019 Australian GT season, the AGT SuperSprint at Mount Panorama, has been released. The new AGT event, formerly known as ‘Challenge Bathurst’, sees teams compete against the clock in time trial sessions over two days.
During the inaugural SuperSprint event, the teams will battle in four different categories, against the clock in three one hour open pit lane sessions, ahead of an all-out assault on Christopher Mies 2018 GT3 lap record (a 1:59.2910) in a final 40-minute session where cars can run to FIA regulations, but without their mandated SRO ‘balance of performance’ restrictions.
The onboard of Mies’ lap can be viewed with the video below:
An impressive array of teams and drivers have entered the two-day event (28-29 November) led by 2015 CAMS Australian GT Champion Christopher Mies and his Audi team-mate – newly crowned 2019 CAMS Australian Endurance Championship title winner, Garth Tander (who took the crown alongside Geoff Emery). The list features 12 current GT3 cars and four older models, as well as Cup cars and small prototypes.
Among the entries, two cars will make their Bathurst debut: the McLaren 720S GT3 and Aston Martin Vantage AMR GT3. Neither model was homologated in time to compete in the Bathurst 12 Hour at the start of the year.
With three AGT events at Bathurst – and the likely addition of the 2020 Pirelli AGT SuperSprint as a fourth, next year, starting with the season-opening Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 Hour in late January, the event provides an ideal opportunity for teams to test and prepare for the coming season.
The AGT SuperSprint will run on November 28th and 29th, with 120 minutes of track time on the first day and 90 minutes of running on the second.
1. Garth Tander/Chris Mies – Valvoline Team Audi R8 LMS GT3
2. Chris Mies/Garth Tander – Valvoline Team Audi R8 LMS GT3
7. Tony Quinn/Dan Gaunt – Local Legends Aston Martin Vantage GT3
16. Victor Zagame – Audi R8 LMS GT3
19. Mark Griffith – Griffith Corporation Mercedes AMG GT3
33. Vince Muriti/Luke Youlden – Perfect Auto Body Audi R8 LMS GT3
59. TBA – 59Racing McLaren 720S GT3
69. James Koundouris/Theo Koundouris – Audi R8 LMS GT3
77. Dean Grant/Steve Richards – Urban Alley Brewer BMW M6 GT3
129. TBC – Haemokinesis/Trofeo Estate Lamborghini Huracan GT3
777. Yasser Shahin/Sam Shahin – The Bend Motorsport Park Mercedes AMG GT3
888. Shane van Gisbergen – Triple 8 Race Engineering Mercedes AMG GT3
AGT Trophy Series
6. Adrian Deitz – Audi R8 LMS GT3 ultra
64. Joseph Ensabella – Aaron Laboratories Porsche Type 997 GT3 Cup Car
96. Brett Hobson/Kurt Kostecki/Jake Kostecki – Nissan NISMO GT-R GT3
99. Nick Kelly/Barton Mawer – Industrie Clothing Audi R8 LMS GT3 ultra
20. Adam Hargrave/Cedric Sbirrazzouli/Daniel Jilsen – Local Search MARC II Mustang
25. Nick Karnaros – Earth Electrical Porsche Type 991 GT3 Cup Car
29. TBC – Haemokinesis/Trofeo Estate Lamborghini Huracan Super Trofeo EVO
87. David Greig – Daikin Porsche Type 991 GT3 Cup Car
95. Geoff Taunton – Taunton Excavations MARC II Mustang
17. Sebastian Lip – Radical SR3RS
34. Stephen Champion – Champion’s Business Solutions Radical SR3
80. Paul Braico – GWR Radical SR3RS
81. Chris Perini – GWR/991racing.net Radical SR3RSX