Share, , Google Plus, Pinterest,

Print

Posted in:

Wiebelhaus Joins MMR To Finish Pilot Challenge Season

Ford Racing Junior driver, reigning ADAC GT Masters champion, set to make IMSA debut this weekend at VIR – as embattled Cicero dropped by Ford

McCumbee McAleer Racing (MMR) has signed Ford Racing Driver Development Team member Finn Wiebelhaus to finish out the rest of the 2026 IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge season.

Making his IMSA debut, Wiebelhaus will share the cockpit of the #13 Ford Mustang GT4 with GS class championship leader and fellow Ford junior Robert Noaker for this weekend’s race at VIR, and the two upcoming rounds to close out the season at Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta.

The 20-year-old German driver gave Ford and Haupt Racing Team (HRT) a milestone championship by winning the 2025 ADAC GT Masters title. Since then, Wiebelhaus has moved up to the DTM series, where already he has two podium finishes: A third-place run at Dekra Lausitzring, and a career-best second place at the Norisring street circuit. He’s also driven the Mustang GT3 in GT World Challenge Europe for the past two seasons.

“I’m really grateful for this new opportunity to race in the IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge with the Ford Mustang GT4 alongside Robert Noaker,” said Wiebelhaus. “The Ford Racing Driver Development Team gives me an incredible opportunity to learn, grow and gain experience in a new championship and environment. I’m really proud and excited to begin this new chapter with Ford Racing and McCumbee McAleer Racing.”

MMR and Noaker enter the weekend with a 100-point lead in the GS standings after seven races, with podiums at Laguna Seca, Watkins Glen, and Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (formerly Mosport).

This came before co-driver Nate Cicero abruptly announced a hiatus from racing on 6 August citing “personal matters” which have not been publicly disclosed – but were serious enough for MMR, McAleer Racing (an affiliated karting team operated by Stevan and Stuart McAleer) and most recently Ford Racing to all sever ties with him.

“Ford Racing holds every member of our program to a high standard of conduct, on and off the track. Effective immediately, Nate Cicero is no longer part of the Driver Development programme,” the manufacturer said in a statement given to the press this week.

42 cars are on the provisional entry list for Saturday’s Virginia Is For Racing Lovers Grand Prix, made up of 29 GT4 cars in the GS class and 13 TCR cars.

Feature image © IMSA